MARGARET MCNAMARA EDUCATION GRANTS 2023
South Africa Program
MMEG awards grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women enrolled in the academic term following the awarding of grants at one of the universities in South Africa.
This program accepts applications between May 15 and September 14 each year. Queries may be addressed to email@example.com. The results will be announced on our web page in mid-December.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be registered (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting their application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the MMEG grant;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member, spouse, retiree, or MMEG Board member;
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities you find on the list here.
- be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January and July 2023);
- hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
Remember to read the Application Checklist and FAQs before applying and select “South Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
If interested to apply please contact Ms Ntombise Mangqase, Division for Internationalisation firstname.lastname@example.org